Saturday, February 2, 2008

Jost Van Dyke Ferry

I seriously underestimated the amount of time it would take me to get from my end of the island to the other (where the ferry terminal is).  Thinking it was 20 mins away I ended up nearly missing the 10:00am ferry out to Jost... shouldn't have worried as the 10:00 departure was an "estimate" or running on "island time"... it arrived at 10:30 and departed some time later !
 
Getting to and from Jost Van Dyke on the ferry is a doddle, for a $20 ticket you get there and back.  The trip takes about 35 mins each way.  It looks like these boats have been doing this run for a very long time!  Anyway, apart from passengers, the ferry's carry food and supplies to the island.
 
At the other end jumped onto one of those taxi buses and arranged to have him pick me up to take me back to the ferry.  The guy was there on time, maybe because I didn't pay him on the way in!  As we went along he stopped next to each tourist and managed to pick up an entire bus of tourists, they guy was good!

No comments: